Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm here I promise!

It's been a little over a week and I realize that I haven't been writing in my blog. It just seems kinda redundant after emailing my mom and writing in my journal, there's not much to tell. But I'll stop being picky and just tell the same stories over and over :)

So I have seven more weeks here, which seems crazy! Why in the world did I think two months would be long enough? Most of the volunteers are here for four months to a year... Oh well, I'll just make the most of the time I have left.

Let me tell you about a normal day. Every morning we wake up at 7 am ish. (by the way, I am 9 hours ahead of you guys. So if you want to know what the future is like just let me know ;). By 7:30 we are out the door and dropping who ever off at whichever place they need to be. Around 8 we are at the preschool where we help Adrianna make breakfast for the kids who show up at 8:30. I'm working with the babies at the preschool so it's changing a lot of diapers and hugging a lot of crying kids. I have found the baby that, if I could, I would bring home with me in a heartbeat. His name is Innocence. He is so small with weak arms and legs. I'm not sure how old he is, but his mom is 18 years old. When he was born she didn't want him so she put he in a dumpster. He cries whenever he is put down, so I try to hold him as much as possible. It still breaks my heart, but I've been trying to help him. Now, if I sit down with him on my lap and give him something to play with he will crawl off my lap and play as long as I'm still sitting next to him. 

We get done helping the Preschool at 12:30. We have a break until 4 when we go to the training center and do activities for children ages 6-16. The culture here is loud and it's hard to get them to pay attention, but it's also fun when we are able to get them to participate. We are done by 6:30 then we go home and do whatever until the next day. We work Monday through Friday with the weekends off. Oh! and I found an LDS church to go to! I took two volunteers with me. They said it was different, but they enjoyed it.

Okay I'll try to do better at writing, maybe even two times a week :)

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah!!!!!! I love your stinkin' guts!!!!! Uggggh!!! I miss you soooooo much!! I'm so glad you're having fun!!! have way too much fun!!!
    Love the bestest sister in the world,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete